Sun, Aug 22|
High School Etiquette Series
We create strong community leaders through the use of every day manners and etiquette.
Time & Location
Aug 22, 2021, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM EDT
Lexington, 4925 Keene Rd, Lexington, KY 40513, USA
About the Event
High school students entering 9, 10, 11, & 12th grades in fall of 2021 are invited to register. There will be 3 instructional classes and a formal dinner.
Sunday August 22, September 19, October 24
Sunday November 14th
Cost: $200.00 per student, $150.00 for each additional sibling. Dress is an important aspect of teaching respect for oneself, as well as to the host/hostess. Gentlemen will be required to wear Khaki pants, sports coat, button down with tie. Nails and hair are always to be groomed. Ladies are to wear modest skirts or dresses that meet the “fingertip” rule. In order to be compliant with state guidelines, young ladies will be required to wear gloves during class.
Topics will include:
- First and Lasting Impressions: Appearance & Dress
- Grooming & Hygiene
- The Importance of giving back through acts of kindness
- Introduction protocol: Confident posture, eye contact & hand shake
- Being Polite with Cell Phones
- The Best Guest: Conversations, Compliments & Expressing Gratitude
- Table & Dining Etiquette; Restaurant Skills & Terms
- Anticipating the Needs of Others
- Invitation & Party Etiquette: Planning ahead and preparing for a special event
- Dating Etiquette: Respecting others and their feelings
- The Handwritten Thank You…Why It’s Important
High School Etiquette Series$200.00