Time & Location
Aug 17, 2020, 7:00 PM – 7:40 PM EDT
About the Event
Mrs. Hammond has created this online program for families who choose not to participate in our in-person etiquette program during the pandemic. Our Zoom class will meet one Monday a week for 5 weeks.
Cost: $150.00 per student, $100.00 for each additional sibling.
Dress Code: Dress is an important aspect of teaching respect for oneself, as well as to the host/hostess. Gentlemen will be required to wear a button down with tie. Nails and hair are always to be groomed. Ladies are to wear a modest top.
- First and Lasting Impressions: Appearance & Dress
- Grooming & Hygiene
- The Importance of giving back through acts of kindness
- Introduction protocol: Confident posture, eye contact & hand shake
- Being Polite with Cell Phones
- The Best Guest: Conversations, Compliments & Expressing Gratitude
- Table & Dining Etiquette; Restaurant Skills & Terms
- Anticipating the Needs of Others
- Invitation & Party Etiquette: Planning ahead for a special event
- Dating Etiquette: Respecting others and their feelings
- The Handwritten Thank You…Why It’s Important
Mondays from 7:00pm-7:45pm (Students are expected to arrive on time to class with materials Mrs. Hammond requires.) Before class ends each week, Mrs. Hammond will give an assignment and let students know what items to bring the following week. Students will receive a Southern Hospitality Notebook prior to class beginning for notes and assignments.
This class is for first year etiquette middle school students and students entering 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th grades.
Zoom Middle School